TownePost Network: Broad Ripple | Geist | Carmel | CenterGrove | Fishers | LawrenceMorse Reservoir | Noblesville | Zionsville

Upcoming Advertising Deadlines: May 16, 2014

Recent Active Members

Recent Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Thank Our Sponsors

Advertise in both publications and your ad goes here!

Have you had a good experience with a local business? If so, tell everyone about them! Post your complaints and praise here in this forum and share with your neighbors!

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was a fun project Suzanne, Thank you for your compliments :)
Does anyone know a plumber that they would recommend?
Gordon Plumbing
I also would recommend for plumbing services: Tim Picha/Picha Plumbing. 317-695-8318. Tim used to work for Gordon but started his own company last year and is doing really well. He has repaired a leaking gas line for us as well replaced ejector pumps in the lift station and general plumbing repair. Prompt courteous and reasonable rates. He is really good.
Rex May does excellent plumbing work...they are very dependable and reasonably priced.
I recently discovered the great brunch and service at La Mie Emilie located on Main Street in Carmel. Very affordable and excellent quality! I loved the fresh berry crepes and the chocolate ganache ones. Great outdoor/indoor setting. The wait staff is super friendly and very attentive. Great coffee as well. If you haven't had a chance to visit, I would recommend making a trip for brunch. Excellent omelets as well.
Do you have details or contact information for Gordon Plumbing?
I have had a few really good experiences with McCunne Outdoor Living. Chad the owner has been in the landscaping business since he started mowing lawns as a kid. (Happy 40th Chad) He really is talented and in my opinion an artist. His prices are great and he's just a real guy. His crews are some of the hardest workers I've ever seen, I wish my employees were 1/2 as hard working as his. He is dedicating his work on hardscaping and I'll tell you he designs some of the most beautiful layouts I've ever seen. He designed and installed about 800 square feet of a soft waving patern paver pation for us as well as a stone gas fire pit and a built in stainless steel gas grill with stone walls all around it and up the back. We love his work so much that I call him back every year to add or do more work for our home, this year he did all the edging of the beds, cleaned out all the old mulch and leaves, added in new soil to the beds and re mulched everything. We completely trust Chad and his crews. Chad McCunne -McCunne Outdoor Living 317-727-3267
Brian and Susan Wallace
Admirals Bay
Fishers Do-It Center is always great. They have very knowledgeable floor people and can normally handle any homeowner project question I throw at them. Sometimes my one hour projects turn into four hour projects if I have the wrong tool or I am trying something for the first time. I find it easier to ask questions first and I go to the experts where I can get advice on how to proceed and also get the right tool.  And a benny is the popcorn.

I grew up in Fishers and moved back to the Geist area three years ago.  I'm fairly familiar with the history of Geist Market and the negativity surrounding its previous management.  However, needing to stop and grab a gallon of milk for my little one this evening, I thought to try out Geist Market for its "convenience."  Unfortunately I was very disappointed.  The gallon of milk (labeled GREAT VALUE, which I believe is the generic Wal-Mart brand?) was $4.49.  I was also told that I couldn't use my debit card due to a $7 minimum purchase.  I didn't have any cash so had to ditch the milk.  Luckily the CVS on Fox Road had Dean's milk for $2.99 (and I even got a $1 off coupon for my next purchase).  MUCH BETTER DEAL.  I think the Geist area is definitely in need of a small convenience store, but I'm not sold on the new version of Geist Market.  Prices should be competitive and the store itself should not remind patrons of a glorified gas station... 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Tom Britt.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service