State of the City Speech by Mayor Ditslear
Writer / Kara Reibel
Mayor John Ditslear presented his annual “State of the City” address, focusing on all that the City of Noblesville has to be proud of.
Highlights From His Speech
• Noblesville made the “Best 25 suburbs for retirement” in 2015 by forbes.com.
• Klipsch Music Center was named top 5 best outdoor venues in the nation.
• #NoblesvilleWORKS launched the Stay Here Grow Here website, and launch of the #NoblesvilleWORKS community-wide soft skills initiative has experienced early success. Technical skills may get you an interview, but soft skills will get you the job and help you keep it! Companies can partner with #NoblesvilleWORKS and are encouraged to learn more.
• Economic development has witnessed a significant increase in retail and restaurants, and with Cabela’s recently opening its second Indiana store in Noblesville, this has generated a lot of interest from investors and developers to expand additional businesses to the immediate area.
• Saxony Business Park is focused on life sciences. Companies like Pharmakon Pharmaceuticals expand twice in the past two years. Zevacor Molecular recently received the only commercial cyclotron in the United States.
• The first pocket park, Riverwalk Depot, opened October 2 with exciting new additions in the works.
• Partnerships like the one with the Chamber of Commerce is making the heart of Noblesville stronger and more appealing.
• Nickel Plate Arts has infused a new excitement for the arts and culture. Noblesville Main Street hosts more than 80 successful events that engage Noblesville families including the Farmer’s Market, First Friday’s, Street Dance and the Duck Race.
• Extension of Midland Trace Trail from Westfield to the center of Noblesville is underway, gaining access to the Monon Trail.
For more information on the exciting improvements and changes happening in Noblesville, please visit www.cityofnoblesville.org.