Social Media Dames UNconference Coming Aug. 3
Photos Provided by Social Media Dames / Faith Blackwell Photography
Digital Dames, Inc. and Yuspie, LLC are proud to present the 7th Social Media Dames UNconference, August 3. You will not find a keynote speaker at an UNconference, just 100 powerful women and men in one room sharing their social media skills, making long-lasting connections and influential digital friends.
The format ensures the participants in the room learn these skills in an environment that is effective and entertaining: “Edutainment” as Co-Founder Dr. Erin Albert refers to it. This year will also feature, for the first time ever, male storytellers.
This is the 5th Anniversary of the UNconference, but the 7th UNconference in total. As a statewide initiative to teach women to leverage the power of social media, previous UNconferences have taken place in Indianapolis, Ft. Wayne, Greenwood, Fishers and this year in Carmel. Co-Founder, Amy Stark, CEO of Digital Dames, Inc. and a Carmel resident, is thrilled to be shining a light on her hometown.
“I grew up in Fort Wayne, but Carmel is where I call home,” she says. “The UNconference format has ruined me for all other conference types, much the same way roundabouts have ruined me for all other traffic management systems.”
Among the 100 professionals in the room, you will find 18 Social Media Dames storytellers. Each will share a five-minute Social Media story, or a bit of wisdom, to help everyone in the room learn a digital skill. The list of influential storytellers includes:
- Nancy Heck – Director of Community Relations & Economic Development at City of Carmel; @nsjheck on twitter.
- Tiffany Benedict Browne – Exuberant, vintage wearing, world-traveling, quirky idea machine and creator/ Chief Inspiration Officer of Historic Indianapolis.com. @historicindiana on twitter.
- Abdul-Hakim Shabazz – Attorney, Political Writer/Radio/TV Commentator. Comedian, Professor and all
around super genius! @AttyAbdul on twitter.
- Kendrea Williams – CEO PitchFeast Corporation and City Director for Lemonade Day Indianapolis a Digital Marketing and Social Media Architect; @PitchFeast on twitter.
- Sheryl Brown – CEO of BIONICsocial, Digital Influencer, International Speaker, Trainer, Writer in FinServ/FinTech, Coffee Addict! @BionicSocialite on twitter.
- Sheryl Matthys – Entrepreneur, speaker, best-selling author, TV reporter, producer, magazine columnist, adjunct professor, and founder of Successful Women Made Here. @SherylMatthys on twitter.
The Social Media Dames UNconference will take place in the Robert Adam Room at the Carmel Palladium, 1 Center Green, Carmel, on Friday, August 3. Doors Open at 8:30 a.m. for #PiecesOfAWESOME distribution by all participants and a light breakfast. The event ends at 3:30 p.m. and the ticket price includes lunch, plus coffee, tea and water throughout the day.
For more information about the 5th Anniversary Social Media Dames UNconference, please contact Amy Stark at 317-430-9033 or at email@example.com. Early bird tickets are $50 and are on sale now at SMDames18.Eventbrite.com.