Baby fair takes first steps at Greenwood Mall
There’s going to be a lot of baby talk going on at Greenwood Park Mall Saturday, Aug. 24.
That’s because Franciscan St. Francis Health is hosting Inspiring You – Mommy, Baby & Beyond, a new and informative fair for mothers and expecting parents. The event, which will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in front of Von Maur (inside mall near Applebee’s), enables participants to meet with staff from the Women and Children’s Center and to learn about programs and services offered to patients and children.
Visitors can experience the soothing effects of aromatherapy and relax in massage chairs to and receive a variety of giveaways and prizes. And parents can enroll their babies (up to 12 months old) for a Diaper Derby Race (open to the first 10 boy and girl babies to register).
Visitors also can learn about Franciscan St. Francis’ plans to renovate and expand the Women and Children’s Center. The 100,000-square-foot project encompasses the first through fourth floors at the Indianapolis campus, located at 8111 S. Emerson Ave.
Here’s what moms and their families will find when the renovation is completed in early 2015:
- 7 triage rooms and an infusion area for newly admitted patients (2nd floor)
- 12 expanded labor and delivery rooms (2nd floor)
- 8 large antepartum suites with in-room refrigerators (2nd floor)
- 2 operating room suites for caesarean procedures (2nd floor)
- 30 postpartum suites and a nursery (3rd floor)
- 24 private neonatal intensive care rooms (4th floor)
- 10 “kid-friendly” pediatric rooms (4th floor)
More than 45,000 babies have been born since 1995, when obstetric and pediatric services were consolidated at Franciscan St. Francis-Indianapolis, where an average of 2,400 infants are delivered annually.