Fresh Thyme Opens First Metro-area Store
Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, a new specialty grocer featuring healthy and organic products, opened in the Greenwood area Thursday, June 12. Hundreds of shoppers surrounded the store before the 7 a.m. ribbon cutting.
“Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is a new grocery format for the Midwest,” stated Chris Sherrell, President and CEO, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market. “We’ve taken the experience of an outdoor farmers market and combined it with the convenience of a full-service grocery store. Shoppers will enjoy value-priced natural and organic items throughout our store, making healthy food more attainable to the masses.”
The heart of Fresh Thyme Farmers Market’s 28,000-square-foot store is produce, including locally sourced and organic fruits and vegetables. Additional features of the market include:
- Over 400 bins of natural and organic bulk items and small-batch locally roasted premium coffee beans
- A butcher shop featuring all-natural handmade sausage made daily in store, offering over a dozen varieties
- Specialty items such as gluten-free and dairy-free products
- A full dairy section, which sources local Midwest items
- Hops & Grapes department with an expansive selection of wine and local craft beers
“We look forward to building longstanding community relationships and partnerships with local organizations,” Sherrell said. “We’re grateful to have already received a very warm welcome and overwhelming enthusiasm from Greenwood and Indianapolis.”
The new store is located at 8750 U.S. Highway 31, just north of the Greenwood Park Mall. A second location will open later this year on the north side of Indianapolis.