Fishers Department of Public Works Rolls-out Hometown Heroes Program
Hometown Help for Heroes serves families of deployed military personnel
PRESS RELEASE Fishers, IN – The City of Fishers Department of Public Works (DPW) announced today a new program to help the families of deployed military personnel in Fishers. The Hometown Help for Heroes initiative will provide snow removal and lawn care services for military families with one or more heads of household deployed in service to our country.
“Our residents that serve the military sacrifice to keep our country safe, often traveling far from home,” said Mayor Scott Fadness. “Fishers DPW developed a program that marshals our community’s resources to alleviate some of the burdens that families of a deployed head of household will face.”
- Driveway and sidewalk snow removal within 24 hours after the completion of a sustained snow event for any amount more than two inches
- Lawn mowing and trimming services on an as needed basis during summer months
- Any family who can demonstrate that at least one of the heads of household are currently deployed in a branch of our country’s armed forces
- The household must live in Fishers
- The household is eligible for the duration of the deployment
“We already have two private partners eager to assist Fishers DPW in administering this program,” said DPW Director Eric Pethtel. “We all recognize the tangible hardships to the families who answer the call to serve. This is the type of program that is as rewarding to those who provide the service as much as those whom receive the services.”
Any family who can demonstrate that at least one of the heads of household are currently deployed in a branch of our military and live in Fishers. The family is eligible for the duration of the deployment.
All families that meet the eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply for the program at fishers.in.us/hometownheroes. The Fishers DPW will evaluate all applications and administer the program.