Get in Shape at Geist in 2016
Compiled by Suzanne Huntzinger
The new year is upon us, and that means New Year’s resolutions are flying through the air like snow. No problem, we’ve got the skinny on getting skinny in 2016. We’ve made a short list of some area gyms and fitness studios to explore before embarking on your fitness quest.
The Barre Code Indianapolis
10080 E. 121st St., Suite 121
Fishers, IN 46037
The Barre Code is a boutique-style fitness studio that offers a complete program of traditional barre, HIIT training (High Intensity Interval Training or sprint interval training), bootcamp-style classes, kickboxing and choreographed cardio routines. The blend of an all-encompassing, full-body program in a motivational classroom setting truly sets The Barre Code apart. The empowering, energizing experience transforms fitness from an activity to a lifestyle. The Barre Code creates a captivating community that inspires and empowers women to make a commitment to uncover your strength from the inside out and discover what you’re capable of.
• Classes range in price from $18 for one class to $115 for unlimited monthly membership
• First Time Studio Visit $8
• New Clients join for $80 unlimited use for the month
• Five pack of classes for $80 (1 year expiration)
• Kids Room fee $5
11693 Fall Creek Rd., #A
Indianapolis, IN 46256
Geist Fitness is locally owned and managed, serving the Geist/Fishers community for the past 16 years. Their private studio specializes in a variety of training programs including personal training, small group training, Golf (Titleist Performance Institute), TRX, Pilates Reformer, post rehabilitation and weight reduction. All personal trainers at Geist Fitness hold degrees in Exercise Science and an exercise physiologist certification by the American College of Sports Medicine to work with clients with chronic diseases.
• Training memberships and training vary in price depending on the number of sessions purchased
• Geist Fitness offers trainers certified in the Exercise Is Medicine® program, a training protocol developed by the American Medical Association and nationally endorsed by the American College of Sports Medicine. This groundbreaking program is designed specifically for clients with various chronic conditions to ensure their continuum of care.
Just Breathe Pilates
11446 Olio Rd.
Fishers, IN 46037
Just Breathe is a mind/body studio that concentrates on core, flexibility, strength, form, breathing and precision. Just Breathe Pilates offers Pilates YoPi TRX and more! All classes are small groups between 3-14 people, so it’s perfect for folks who like a lot of individual attention. All workouts are safe for all fitness levels and ages.
• Prices range from $12 to $20 per class
• No membership/enrollment fee
• Packages range from $90 to $230
Re-Form Movement Pilates
11099 Village Square Ln.
Fishers, IN 46038
Be Re-Formed today! Try out Re-Form Movement’s six Reformers with towers, TRX and Pilates chairs. All Reformer classes accommodate many different fitness levels and combine a variety of exercises using the equipment. Their experts track and monitor your exercise routines in your personal chart, so you can workout at your own pace. This is a great way to get started, become familiar with the equipment and select the best exercises for you.
• No membership fees
• Try your FIRST private Reformer class for only $35 (over half off!)
• Pay by class, by class package or private Pilates sessions. Prices range from $15-30 per class.
• Reformer Pilates Classes (limited to 6 each class) cost $28-$30 per class – sold in 10 or 20 session packages
• Private Reformer Sessions – $75 per session, package price is $70 per session
• Barre Blend Classes cost $15 per class or 10 class pack for $130
10610 E. 96th St.
Fishers, IN 46037
Mei Fitness, from the Latin word meaning MY, is a very friendly, locally owned family gym dedicated to personalized fitness. The gym offers access 24 hours a day to the latest equipment and other amenities such as a sauna, tanning beds and WiFi.
• January special – $99 enrollment fee waived
• $59 monthly fee gives you access to all equipment and all classes; no extra fee for classes
• Free childcare
• Special key card allows access to the gym 24 hours a day
11691 Fox Rd.
Indianapolis, IN 46236
Jazzercise is a dance-based group fitness program. Jazzercise Geist offers 40 classes per week. Each 60-minute class mixes dance based cardio with strength training. Fresh pulse pounding music and body blasting moves bring the intensity to transform the body. Instructors train every year to master the Jazzercise method, which fuses cardio, resistance training, Pilates, yoga, kickboxing and of course the demanding forms of dance. Expect to feel results after three classes and expect to keep going. With 40 classes to choose from it, offers the variety needed to stay motivated and break through plateaus.
• One-time joining fee, graduated based on commitment
• Monthly fee, graduated depending on commitment
• $17 per class
Curves of Geist
8150 Oaklandon Rd., #104
Indianapolis, IN 46236
Curves, made famous for its 30-minute Circuit with a coach, gives members a full-body workout, working every major muscle group through strength training, cardio and stretching. The Curves Workouts with Jillian Michaels feature the Curves strength training machines in conjunction with functional bodyweight-based exercises that ramp up metabolism and transform physique. The new Curves Specialty Classes focus on key areas like balance, flexibility and strength. Expert Curves instructors provide one-on-one training in a comfortable, welcoming environment, so women of all fitness levels can work toward reaching their health and wellness goals.
• First-visit discount 50% off
• $39 monthly fee includes Curves specialty classes
• One-time enrollment fee of $99
• Silver Sneakers, Silver and Fit and other Wellness programs accepted
• Zumba classes offered at $4 per class
9653 Olio Rd.
McCordsville, IN 46055
Anytime Fitness Geist is primed to cater to your workouts! Your membership gives you access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to the club (including ALL holidays) at over 3,000 locations worldwide! You’ll find a full variety of treadmills, ellipticals, bikes and Jacob’s Ladder Climber. Flex your muscles with the Star Trac plate loaded machines or feel the burn with free weights. Dumbbells, barbells, curl bars, squat rack, bench press, smith machine or cable machine are sure to get you to your goals. Try out the core training area, complete with suspension TRX, yoga mats, stability balls, medicine balls and more.
• $34.95-$44.95 Single Memberships
• Half off enrollment fee ($50) during winter months
• Get a FREE 7-day pass at anytimefitness.com
Life Time Fitness
11691 Fishers Corner Blvd.
Indianapolis, IN 46038
Life Time offers comprehensive, personalized and scientific approaches to long-term health and wellness on its mission to help our members achieve their total health objectives, athletic aspirations and fitness goals by doing what they love to do. Indianapolis-area clubs offer best-in-class cardio and weight training equipment, personal training, group fitness classes, Life Time Cycle and Run clubs, Pilates and yoga.
• Many group classes complimentary with monthly membership fee
• Over 100 group fitness classes offered weekly
• Join the Commitment Day 5K Fun Run January 1, 2016
• Take the C9 Challenge Group Fitness Jam January 2, 2016
Try these great, local facilities and get your workout on in the new year!