“How to Make a Good Non-Profit Organization GREAT!”
There is a new breed of non-profit organization being created in America, one that is adjusting to the dramatic changes taking place in our communities.
Keith Woods, a veteran of non-profit management for nearly 40 years, believes in one simple principle: The top non-profit organizations of the future will be the ones that think and act more like a business.
In this fast-paced, interactive afternoon workshop, Keith will focus on how today’s non-profit organization – whether small or large – can make quick, easy and inexpensive changes to operate more effectively, in the same manner that businesses are adapting.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
• Business tips and techniques that can be applied instantly to a non-profit
• Important demographic information on our changing “customer”
• Social changes in America that are affecting how you manage and guide your volunteers and staff
• New and better ways to communicate with your members, contributors, volunteers and the public
• Some important thoughts on effective leadership, including highlights from General Colin Powell’s “Lessons in Leadership”
Join us! You’ll be glad you did.
Keith Woods has conducted training for non-profit and business organizations for over 20 years. The humor, innovation and common sense he injects into his programs have made him a popular presenter to over 5,000 employees in businesses, professional firms, governmental agencies, and education institutions alike.
In addition to his customer service training, Keith serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the North Coast Builders Exchange, an 1800-member construction industry association. He was also the President/CEO of the Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce for 13 years.