Trick-or-treat hours in Zionsville 2016
The official trick-or-treat hours in Zionsville are 5:30 – 8 p.m. on Oct. 31.
For those participating in Halloween festivities, Zionsville Fire Department has offered the following safety tips:
- When choosing a costume, stay away from long trailing fabric. If your child is wearing a mask, make sure the eye holes are large enough so they can see it.
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costumes.
- Dried flowers, cornstalks and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters.
- Use a battery-operated candle or glow-stick in jack-o-lanterns. If you use a real candle, use extreme caution. Make sure children are watched at all times when candles are lit. When lighting candles inside jack-o-lanterns, use long, fireplace-style matches or a utility lighter. Be sure to place lit pumpkins well away from anything that can burn and far enough out of way of trick-or-treaters, doorsteps, walkways and yards.
- Remember to keep exists clear of decorations so nothing blocks escape routes.
- Make sure all smoke alarms in the home are working.
- Tell children to stay away from open flames including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them. Be sure they know how to stop, drop and roll if their clothing catches fire. (Have them practice: stop immediately, drop to the ground, cover face with hands and roll over and over to put the flames out).
Other Halloween celebrations throughout Zionsville include:
- Oct. 22 from 2 – 3 p.m.: Halloween Hike at Zion Nature Center
- Oct. 22 from 7 – 9 p.m.: Spooky Night Out at Zion Nature Center
- Oct. 23 from 2 -5 p.m.: Pumpkins & Hayrides at Lions Park
- Oct. 27 from 5:30 – 7 p.m.: Annual Boone Village Halloween Party
- Oct. 29 from 6 – 10 p.m.: Halloween Bash at Hopwood’s