A Record 14 McKenzie Students Headed to National Skills USA Competition
A record number of McKenzie students won this weekend at the Indiana State Conference for Skills USA.
- First Place–Opening and Closing Ceremonies: Trelique Tinker-martin, Ashley Moore, Eboni Odiambo, Brittine Buels, David Bean and JoAnna Smith.
- First Place–Prepared Speech: Aundrea Artis. Job Skill Demonstration: First Place, Ashley Johnson;
- Second Place, Julie Huerta; Fourth Place, Briana Harney.
- Second Place–Chapter Display: Katelyn Keith and Latavia McCord.
- First Place–Entrepreneurship: Lauren Dean, Maggie Greenwald, Audrey Howerton and Lindsay Fox.
- Second Place–Community Service: Angela Coleman and Daysha Braxton.
- Facial Makeup: Third Place, Daysha Braxton; Fourth Place, Maggie Greenwald.
- Third Place–Job Interview: Amie Bayon.
- Fifth Place–Promotional Bulletin Board: JoAnna Balk.
- First Place–Extemporaneous Speech: Talvin Williams.
- Fourth Place–Plumbing: David Bean.
- First Place–Computer Maintenance: Sydney Beavers.
- Third Place–Team Works: Pat Ahrens, John Blankenship, Kevin Kinghorn and Pat Rocks.
Fourteen students earning first place will travel to Kansas City, Missouri June 23 – 28 for the national competition. Students are doing fundraising to pay for the trip.